Account Manager - Sales Team
Position Title: Account Manager (Sales)
FLSA Status: Exempt
The principal responsibility of an Account Manager is to generate profitable revenue for Metzgers through personal sales production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Profitably grow Metzgers’ business by:
- Producing new and recurring business revenue;
- Developing initial and ongoing business relationships with customers and organizations;
- Contacting prospective clients to determine their printing, mailing, storefront, promotional product and fulfillment needs;
- Developing proposals based on industry knowledge designed to best meet the customers’ needs;
- Selling Metzgers services and products.
Ensure customer satisfaction by:
- Serving as an adviser and consultant - helping customers analyze their printing, mailing, storefront, promotional product, and fulfillment needs and finding innovative solutions that Metzgers can provide to their marketing and communication challenges
- Gathering information from customers so Metzgers can accurately scope out, estimate, deliver, and bill jobs in a timely manner;
- Collaborating with other members of the Metzgers team to develop and deliver products and services that meet customer needs and addressing and resolving any customer concerns regarding any product or service provided by Metzgers;
- Maintaining and increasing both job knowledge and value to the customer by keeping current with industry trends and Metzgers product and service offerings.
Maintains customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Business Acumen. Is a savvy business person; knows how businesses and Metzgers work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the industry and the company; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Customer Focus. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; empathizes and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Integrity and Trust/Ethics. Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain; maintains high ethical standards; acts in line with the company’s mission and values during both good and bad times.
- Interpersonal Savvy. Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, across, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
- Communication Skills. Writes and speaks clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect; can manage group process during a presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
- Problem Solving. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; can see hidden problems; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Drive for Results/Sales. Has a high degree of energy; is driven to achieve sales that will maximize the bottom line; can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Priority Setting. Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; completes work in a timely manner.
- Job Knowledge/Product Knowledge: Understands purpose, techniques and specific methods or "how to's" to perform own work and its relationship to company procedures and the work of others, strong knowledge of Metzgers’ products and services, effectively uses this knowledge to meet customer needs.
- Informing. Provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
Technical, Educational and Other Requirements:
- College degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in the industry and sales preferred.
- Conversant with technology and the printing process.
- High level of organization and time management skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment varies and is loud in the plant environment. Requires ability to meet fast-paced deadlines and work outside normal business hours. Some travel and regular attendance are required.
The items listed in this description are essential functions for this position. They are not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- sales plan achievement