Perfect Binding is a widely used soft-cover bookbinding method.
To create a perfect bound project, we print pages front and back and form a single stack. We then take the stack of pages and place it in a special machine that covers the binding edge with a strong, yet flexible, thermal glue. After the glue is applied to the binding edge, we attach the cover.
The other three sides of the book are then trimmed as needed to give them clean, "perfect" edges. The finished product will have the appearance of a book.
The perfect binding method most often recommended for printed publications larger than 96 pages in length.
Perfect bound products have a square, printable spine and the cover is usually made from paper or cardstock that is heavier than the interior pages. If desired, the cover can be clear coated to provide durability and improve appearance.
Businesses and organizations commonly use perfect binding for books, annual reports, catalogs and product magazines because of its professional appearance and relatively low cost.
Benefits of Perfect Binding
- It is less expensive than hardcover binding methods.
- It can accommodate a very high page count.
- It can be used for very short production runs...for example, 150 books.
- Perfect binding allows for on-demand ordering, so we can print what you need, when you need it.
- Catalogs can be made with a heavier weight cover for durability and longevity.
- This method forms a flat spinal edge which can be printed.
- The finished shape allows books to stack well for storage and display.
- Perfect binding provides a crisp, professional appearance.
Call us at 419-861-8611 to speak with a member of our team about the possibility of perfect binding for your project.